Sunday, April 11, 2010

dancing birds

This painting is an experiment, a large scaled one at that. I'm not really feeling it as an image or composition, but I'm still really drawn to the process of painting it. I'm playing with thick impasto using cold wax medium in the birds. It's so luscious! Painting the grid is the opposite sensation, tight, thin and rigid. Painting them is actually very meditative and addictive. I have an idea what I want this to eventually look like, there will be an emphasis on atmospheric perspective to give the sense of a receding horizon. I want to play with color and texture considerably more as well. Whatever comes of it, it is a refreshing change of pace from the two other paintings I'm working on. Working on multiple paintings at once keeps the flow of creative energy moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment