Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yes and No make quite the pair

I'm currently back in the studio, painting everyday. I'm finishing up "Yes Sayer" since I've sold it as a pair with "The Gift". It's coming along very well. I anticipate that it will only need a few more layers, some more dark and light values, more work on the chest area and several more layers in the background. Now that the two paintings are officially married as a couple I want them to carry the same weight technically. I want to make some color and brushwork decisions that intentionally bring them together as one. They will still function on their own as individual works of art but they do feel much more powerful together. Once the "Yes Sayer" gets to the same finished stage as the "The Gift" I hope they speak even louder. That's the intention anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment